Monday, 8 September 2014

Edit Photographic Images P4


As we have made a new photoshop I have added so more pictures which are in my view have the best composition and where the model looks the most attractive. You can see below the steps how I was editing these pictures.
























Step 1: First, I have decided to crop the picture to change the brightness and contrast of the picture, as in my view the original one isn't bright enough. I have increased the brightness to 26 and the contrast to 11. 


























Step 2:  After I have changed the level of brightness and contrast, I went to the adjustment menu and chose exposure. Here I have increased exposure to +0.03 and have decreased offset to -0.0184. This has made my picture even brighter and have made the background of the picture more white.

Step 3: I went to the filter menu and chose filter gallery. There I was able to try different filters and to find more suitable one. I have stopped on the Poster Edges. The settings of the filter you can see on the screenshot above. In my view, this effect is unusual and interesting.


Step 4: After applying the effect from the filter gallery, I found that the picture requires even more brightness. Therefore, I went to adjustments, chose there Brightness/Contrast and increased the value of Brightness from 0 to 19 and the value of contrast from o to 10. This have made my edited picture really bright and eye-catching.


Step 5: I have added some text with different font styles. I have decided to make World tour 2015 in big black capital letters and to make the list of cities where the concerts are going to take place in smaller white letters. I have added the effects for the text such as drop shadow, outer corner. The signature of Annie I made in red colour and in the font style which looks like handwriting. 
























Step 1: As usually, I have cropped the picture and have changed the Brightness and Contrast as my first step. In adjustments menu I have chose Brightness/Contrast and have increased the Brightness to 28 and Contrast to 6, The picture started to look a way nicer than before. Bright images usually attracts viewers.


Step 2: I have changed the exposure settings where I have increased Exposure value to +0.19 and have decreased offset to -0.0061. 
























Step 3: I went to the filter gallery where I have found the most appropriate one for this image which is Glass. I have changed the settings of this effect which you can see on the screenshot. In my view this made the picture look even brighter. The colours of the picture have improved.

Step 4: Then I went to the adjustments and chose Colour Balance. I have changed the mid tones of the picture to more cyan. This has made the picture to look more blue. This is a good idea as the colours of the picture started to interact with each other. As the shoulder straps ob the coat are blue, the midtones in blue looks very nice.

Step 5: I have added some font styles where I have written the name of the singer and the place of the concert. In the corner I have added a signature of the singer. Later on I have rotated it and decreased the opacity.


Step 1: I have cropped the picture to get rid of the sides which I don't need to appear in my final edited picture. Then I have changed Exposure Adjustment. I have increased the values of Exposure, Offset and Gamma Correct as you can see on the screenshot above. 



Step 2: My next step was to change the Brightness and Contrast. I have increased Brightness to 7 and Contrast to 23. This has made the picture look more eye-catching.
























Step 3: I have applied the effect Cutout from the filter gallery, I have changed some of the settings of the effect.This effect made my picture to look very modern so it might be a good idea to use these picture as a cover for modern CD or to use it as a promotion for music shop. 
 Step 4: I have added text to my picture where I have written the name of the singer, the date of the concert and I have also written the name of the film with James Bond 'From Russia with Love' as I wanted to make an accent that she is Russian. I have also found an image of St Basil's Cathedral which is located on Red Square in Moscow. I have cut it and paste into this image. Then I've changed the opacity of the cathedral image.
 The image with the cathedral I have put on the guitar so now there is a symbol of Russia on the guitar. I also have changed the opacity of the text.

Step 1: I have cropped the picture and have increased the brightness to 13 and contrast to 6. This has made the image to look more bright.


Step 2: I have increased exposure to +0.68, decreased offset to -0.0143 and increased gamma correction to 0.95. This made my picture to look eye-catching as brightness usually attracts people's attention. The background now appears whiter.


Step 3: In the filter gallery I have chosen Dry Brush effect in which I have changed some settings in order to make it look better for my picture. 

Step 4: In the filter menu I have chosen Smart Sharpen and have increased it to 3.6. 

Step 5: I have added some text and I have used different colours of the text and font styles. I have written the name of the singer, the place and time of the concert, and I have also written this James Bond thing 'From Russia with Love'. I have downloaded an image of Russian flag and put it behind the world 'LOVE'. After this I changed the opacity to make it not that sharpen.


Step 1: I have cropped the picture again in order to get rid of extra space on the sides. Then I have increased exposure to +0.52 and offset to +0.0061. I have changed Gamma Correction to 1.04.

 Step 2: I went to adjustments and have chosen black and white. This has allowed me to get rid of the colours and to have my image just in black and white. The next thing which I have done is that I have applied a photo filter which I chose in adjustments. I have chosen Cooling Filter (80) with a  density of 8%. This has added a blue tone to the picture. 


Step 3: I have increased the smart sharpness radius to 2.4 px in order to make the picture look more sharpen.

Step 4: I have added some text using different font styles and effects of the text. I have put the name of the cities where the concerts are going to take place. On the guitar I have placed the signature of the singer.










First I have changed the brightness and the contrast of the picture. I went to adjustment and chose the brightness/contrast section. There I have decreased the brightness by a little bit and increased the contrast. I have made this in order to make the picture look more attracting to the eyes of the viewers. Colors of the photo have started to look much better than before. 

























Then I went back to the adjustment menu and chose Exposure section. There as you can see I have changed exposure, offset and gamma correction. Offset option has darkened the shadow and mid tone values and has left the highlights alone. The picture has started to look much more interesting with the colours this option has made. 

























First step which I has made with the editing of this picture was to change the brightness and contrast again. Here I have increased both options - the brightness from 0 to 31 and the contrast from 0 to 40. The picture has started to look much brighter and eye-catching after applying these changes.














After I went to adjustment menu and chose the section curves. The curves tool can take input tones and selectively stretch or compress them. After I have used this tool the colours of the image became better and even brighter.

























To aware the viewers of what we are promoting with the help of this photo I have pressed text tool and have written the music quote. I have decided to do it in green colour as it matches the grass and trees on the background. I have also made the quote in italic type as it seems to me more attractive.





First I went to adjustment and chose brightness and contrast section. I have decided to decrease brightness but to increase contrast. In that way I have found the picture more interesting.


Second I went to adjustments and chose black&white option as I wanted to make this picture in kind of retro style. Then I went to adjustment menu again and chose exposure where I have decreased exposure but have increased offset and gamma correction. As a result the colours of the picture have been improved.


As the whole picture is edited in black and white, I have thought that it is good idea to put a quote about music in the right top angle. This will give the customers understanding what is promoting and attract their attention to the guitar. I have made it in black colour in order not to damage retro style of the picture. The text is in italic type to look more attractive.











First step that I've made is that I've unblock Layer 0 by simple click on it and pressing 'ok'. Then I've duplicated the layer 0 so it appeared as layer 0 copy. After that I went to adjustments, chose hue/saturation and made saturation -100. As a result my picture has became black and white. Then I have chosen Layer - Layer Mask - Reveal all. After this I have chosen a brush tool and started to make a model with the guitar colourful. 
























Then I have changed my brightness and contrast. I have changed the brightness from 0 to -5 and the contrast from 0 to 24.  This has helped me to improve the colours of my picture.























My final step in the editing of this picture was changing in exposure adjustment. I have decreased exposure but increased offset and gamma correction. We can see that after this the picture has started to look more stylish and eye-catching. Colourful model with the guitar allows viewers to understand what is the main subject on the picture and makes them to pay their full attention at the guitar.

On the screenshot you can see what changes I have applied to exposure of the picture. I have increased exposure and gamma corrections options but decreased the offset. I have found the changes this has made more attracting.

Then I have decided to use sepia as an effect for my photo. I think this effect make the colours to look more like retro style which is more interesting than the original version of the colours. 

After I have applied sepia effect I have decided to continue my editing by changing exposure. I went to adjustments where you can find exposure section. You can see on the screenshot what changes I have made and in my opinion the style of the picture has improved significantly. 

Then I have changed brightness and contrast options. I have increased brightness by a little bit and contrast as well but more significantly. This step has helped me to make my final image to look more historical styled which is good because of the cathedral which you can see on the background. 

First I have made some changes with the brightness and contrast. I have increased both options. This has improved the colours of my picture and they became more bright and as a result the photo started to look more attractive.

Then I went back to adjustments menu and chose colour balance. There I have changed mid tones by making them more blue. As you can see the colours have changed from more boring ones to more interesting. Sky has become to look more blue and overall the colour gamma has improved. 

Then I have applied some changes to exposure which has improved the colours even further. 


 Here you can see that I have changed the brightness and the contrast of the picture. I have made it in order to achieve the bright nest and the colours I would like for this picture's editing.

The next thing I have changed is exposure. I've done it by clicking on exposure in my adjustments. I have increased the value of exposure and offset in the way which makes the image look more deep and interesting. 

 I went to the filter gallery where I was able to try different ones and to see if it is good or not for the picture. I have found really interesting filter which is called Halftone Pattern. I have changed some settings of this effect such as size and contrast. As a result I got a very interesting blue picture which definitely grabs attention. 

 After I've applied the filter I found it necessary to change the brightness again. I have decreased brightness even further and I have increased contrast again.

I have also changed some values in Exposure Adjustment. I have decreased exposure and have increased offset and gamma correction. This has helped me to make the colours of my image even more attractive. 

 Firstly, I went to the filter gallery and have chosen Water Paper filter for this image. I have found this effect more suitable for this picture. I have changed the settings of the filter by changing the filter length, brightness and contrast.  
My next step was to change the brightness and contrast of the image. To do this I went to adjustments and have chosen Brightness/Contrast. I have increased the brightness and the contrast not by much, but it has made the picture to look better. 
In the adjustments I have chosen Channel Mixer tool. This allowed me to make this picture in the blue-green tone. I found this appropriate and very interesting as on the background there are green trees and blue sky. The blue-green tone made the colours to interact with each other.

In the filter gallery for this image I have chosen Crosshatch filter. I think it looks very good on this image. I have chosen the settings of the image by changing the values of sharpness, strength and stroke length. 
Then I went to adjustments and have applied black and white effect, where I have increased Yellows colours to 125%. 

No comments:

Post a Comment